A chicken curry made with whole spices, garam masala, coriander powder, coriander leaves, turmeric and a thick gravy made up of yogurt and tomatoes, this recipe follows the North Indian style of cooking.
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-inch cinnamon
- 4 cardamom pods slightly bruised
- 3-4 cloves
- 3 medium-sized onions chopped
- 3 green chillies
- 2 tablespoons of ginger garlic paste
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 700g chicken
- 1 cup coriander leaves chopped for garnish(1/2 to be used in cooking, 1/2 as garnish)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
VILLAGE PREMIUM YOGHURT 1 KG
FRESH MINCED GINGER & GARLIC 1 KG
GREEN CHILLI FROZEN 900g
- Place a large pan over medium heat and pour in the oil, once the oil warms, add bay leaves(2), cardamom(4 pods), cinnamon(2″piece), cloves(4), saute them for 2 minutes until they release their aroma.
- Add the sliced onions(3 medium) and green chillies(2), fry them until they turn golden in color.
- Add ginger-garlic paste(2 tbs)and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid the ingredients sticking to the pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes(2 large), cook for 2 minutes while further breaking the tomatoes down with your spoon, add turmeric(1/2 teaspoon) and continue to cook the spice paste.
- Pour in the yogurt(3tbs, substitute with thick coconut cream for a non-dairy version), red chillie powder(1 tbs), and coriander powder(1 tsp).
- Reduce heat and cook the spices until you have a semi wet-paste for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt.
- Once you have the spice paste ready, drain any excess water from the chicken parts before you add them to the pan.
- Add coriander leaves(1/2 of the coriander leaves), combine chicken and cook meat for 3-5 minutes while constantly turning them to get an even fry.
- Once the chicken parts have been slightly browned pour in the water(1 cup), add the garam masala(1 tsp) stir the spice powder.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium, cover and slow simmer the curried chicken, taste the chicken curry and season with salt if necessary.
- Cover and slow cook for 20-30 minutes or until you have a thick gravy covering the chicken. Garnish with the remaining coriander leaves(optional).
Anando Food Group
📞 0431 119 293
📍 Australia 🇦🇺 Asia 🇮🇳 New Zealand 🇳🇿
🍱 International Food Distributor
Chicken Curry, Indian Style Chicken, Indian Chicken, Indian Curry, Savoury Chicken, Savoury Curry, Creamy Chicken Curry, Anando, Anando Food Group, Yummy, Delicious, Fresh, Foodie, Homemade, Healthy Food, Healthy Living, Nutrition, Nutritional Food, Healthy Eating, Healthy Life Style, Health Food, Clean Eating, Fresh Food, Delicious Food, Healthy Recipe, Food Recipe, Nutritional Recipe, Yummy Food, Yummy Recipes, Homemade Food, Homemade Recipes, Food Lovers, Australia, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Melbourne, Sydney, Australian Food, Wholesale Food, Food Distributor, International Food, International Distributor