Smoothies can make a very healthy breakfast—it’s all about the ingredients and keeping reasonable portions. When following these parameters, it is okay to have a smoothie for breakfast every day. Super healthy breakfast smoothies are quick and easy to make, and of course, they are delicious too! When looking for a healthy breakfast smoothie, try to find one that’s low in sugar and high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats so you stay full for longer.
What Do You Put in a Breakfast Smoothie?
There are so many options for what you can put in a breakfast smoothie. Each category of ingredients provides different positive benefits. Here are a few of my favourite ideas for what you should put in your morning smoothie:
- Healthy Fats. Your favourite nut butter, coconut milk, or chia seeds. This makes the smoothie more satisfying and keeps you full between meals. Keep portions in mind; usually add about 1 tablespoon.
- Protein and Fibre Additions. Greek yogurt or your favourite protein powder are easy ways to make breakfast protein smoothies. A tablespoon of oatmeal adds fibre.
- Fruit. Breakfast fruit smoothies are always a crowd-pleasing choice. Strawberries and blueberries are my go-tos. Bananas make smoothies naturally sweet. Mango and pineapple can hide the taste of greens. Unexpected fruits like apples or watermelon can be scrumptious too.
- Vegetables. Spinach, kale, avocado, carrots, and even beets can all be added to smoothies.
- Flavour Additions. Vanilla, cinnamon, honey, maple syrup, and dates are all excellent ways to give your smoothie more flavour.
- Liquid. Unsweetened almond milk is best for smoothies. You can also use juice (be sure to do this in moderation, since juice is high in sugar but low in fibre), a different kind of milk, coconut water, or even plain water.
Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 cup whole frozen strawberries about 10 large berries or mixed berries of choice
- 1 medium ripe banana peeled and cut in half
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- Water or unsweetened almond milk as needed
- Ice optional
- Place all of the ingredients but the ice in a blender: strawberries, banana, Greek yogurt, oatmeal, peanut butter, and 1 teaspoon honey.
- Blend until smooth. Depending upon the size and power of your blender, you may need to stop it and scrape down the pitcher a couple of times. If the mixture is too thick to blend, splash in a little water or almond milk, stir to move the contents of the blender around, and blend again; if it is too thin, blend in a few ice cubes. Taste and add additional honey if you would like the smoothie sweeter. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries about 10 medium/large berries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 5-ounce container nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional additions: a scoop of protein powder chia or flax seeds, honey, or pure maple syrup for extra sweetness
- Place all of the ingredients in a high powered blender in the order listed: almond milk, strawberries, blueberries, yogurt, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
Kale Pineapple Smoothie
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped kale leaves stems removed
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or any milk you like 1
- frozen medium banana cut into chunks
- ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 1 to 3 teaspoons honey to taste
- Place all ingredients (kale, almond milk, banana, yogurt, pineapple, peanut butter, and honey) in a blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth. Add more milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Enjoy immediately.
Berry Turmeric Smoothie
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 cups baby spinach about 2 large handfuls
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt of choice
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2-3 teaspoons honey or swap agave or maple syrup to make vegan, plus additional to taste
- Place the ingredients in a high-powered blender in the order listed: almond milk, spinach, yogurt, oats, berries, turmeric, ginger, and 2 teaspoons honey.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness as desired. If you do not have a high-powered blender, I recommend blending the almond milk, spinach, and yogurt first, and then adding the other ingredients. Enjoy immediately.
Anando Food Group
📞 0431 119 293
📍 Australia 🇦🇺 Asia 🇮🇳 New Zealand 🇳🇿
🍱 International Food Distributor
Design By Flux Media
Yogurt Smoothies, Breakfast, Healthy Breakfast, Yogurt Breakfasts, Smoothie Breakfast, Breakfast Smoothies, Fruit Smoothies, Veggie Smoothies, Healthy Smoothies, Strawberry Smoothies, Kale Smoothies, Banana Smoothie, Berry Smoothie, Blueberry Smoothie, Vegan Breakfast, Vegan Smoothies, Anando, Anando Food Group, Yummy, Delicious, Fresh, Foodie, Homemade, Healthy Food, Healthy Living, Nutrition, Nutritional Food, Healthy Eating, Healthy Life Style, Health Food, Clean Eating, Fresh Food, Delicious Food, Healthy Recipe, Food Recipe, Nutritional Recipe, Yummy Food, Yummy Recipes, Homemade Food, Homemade Recipes, Food Lovers, Australia, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Melbourne, Sydney, Australian Food, Wholesale Food, Food Distributor, International Food, International Distributor